- I registered but have not received anything
- How to Register?
- Registration Payment & Policies?
- How can I change a class after I have registered?
- May I bring a spouse, children, or guests?
- How will I track my CE's?
- What if my course runs over lunch?
- What are the Exhibit hours?
- Where will WRDE be held?
- WRDE Parking?
- I don't wish to take any courses, but I'd like to visit the Exhibit Hall
- I am employed by an AzDA member dentist. Does that automatically make me an Allied Dental Team Member?
- What is the convention dress code?
- Can my spouse register for the conference as 'a spouse' if I am the dentist and they are the office manager?
- What if one of my office staff has left the office, and I want to replace their registration with someone else?
- I received my badge in the mail but spilled coffee on it. What should I do?
- If I received all my registration materials, do I need to go to the onsite Registration Desk?
- Will WRDE courses be available to access virtually?
Q. How to Register?
Register online at WesternRegional.org
Q. I registered but have not received anything
If you registered by the Early Bird deadline (March 8, 2024), we mailed your name badge and course tickets to the mailing address in your registration. If that doesn't arrive before WRDE, bring the registration ID found on your confirmation email to the attendee registration desk and we can create a new name badge for you.
If you registered after the Early Bird deadline, bring the registration ID found on your confirmation email to the attendee registration desk during WRDE and we will print your name badge there.
Q. Registration Payment & Policies?
Attendees over age 18 must register. Persons under age 18 are not permitted to attend. Dentists must register as dentists. AzDA does not issue guest badges for the Western Regional Dental Experience. Non-AzDA member dentists must present an ADA card to receive the ADA member rate. A convention badge will permit entrance to the exhibit hall, eligibility to purchase tickets for workshops, admittance to CE courses, and special events. The Arizona Dental Association accepts all major credit and debit cards. All credit/debit card transactions are processed in USD and are subject to the current exchange rates. Returned checks are subject to a $39.00 per check fee.
Refunds for registration and/or tickets may be obtained ONLY by written request accompanied by all convention material (badges, etc.) and postmarked by midnight March 25, 2024. Refunds requested after March 25 will not be granted, including requests made based on absence due to late arrival for courses, weather, and/or parking difficulties. A $25.00 processing fee per attendee will be deducted from all refunds. Refunds will be processed by May 1, 2024.
Q. How can I change a class after I have registered?
You may only do this through March 25, 2024 online or if your registration hasn't been mailed out yet. NO changes will be made after registration packets have been mailed out. If you would like to change a class after this date you will need to go to the course you would like to attend on-site and if the room is available, you may enter.
Q. May I bring a spouse, children, or guests?
The Arizona Dental Association does not issue "guest" badges for the Western Regional Dental Experience. If Spouse/Family works in the dental office, they will need to register for the appropriate dental professional category. Children under 18 years of age are not permitted at WRDE.
Q. How will I track my CEs?
- All convention participants will receive an onsite convention guide upon arrival. This guide contains pages for "CE Verification of Attendance." At the conclusion of each lecture and workshop (doesn't apply for CPR workshops), a code will be announced. It will be your responsibility to record the code in the space provided. Don't forget to write down your Registration ID# found on your name badge! It is important that you document your CE credits while at the convention, and retain your guide. Following the convention, you may log onto westernregional.org, click on the title "Attendees" at the top of the page and scroll down to “CE Certificates”. Input your Registration ID# and the Course Code given at the conclusion of each session. You will be able to print your CE certificates.
- There's an app for that! Yes, by downloading the WRDE app, you will have access to convention updates and exhibitor information, submit a question and view your personal schedule of your sessions from your mobile advice. CE Certificates will be emailed to you (no downloading from the website) after you've completed the short course evaluation. Your help in filling out the evaluations is appreciated and important in maintaining a high level of programming.
Q. What if my course runs over lunch?
If a course you selected runs over the lunch hour, please plan to bring a snack with you. We will have food trucks available each day of the convention from approximately 10am-2pm. We will also have grab and go snack items available to purchase throughout the day.
Q. What are the Exhibit hours?
• Thursday: 8:30am-5:00pm
• Friday: 8:30am - 5:00pm
• Saturday: 8:30am - 1:00pm
Q. Where will WRDE be held?
Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa, 9495 W Entertainment Blvd, Glendale, AZ 85305. April 11-13, 2024
Q. WRDE Parking?
Valet parking at the Renaissance Phoenix Glendale Hotel & Spa (9495 Entertainment Blvd, Glendale, AZ 85305) will be $25/day. Self-overnight parking at the hotel is $20/day and self-parking is $10 in the hotel lots and may be $10 in Westgate lots.
Because other events are going on around the Westgate area too, make sure you leave yourself with enough time to find a parking space and to get to your classes on time. Not sure where to park? Take a look atthis map.
Q. I don't wish to take any courses, but I'd like to visit the Exhibit Hall
One-Day Exhibit badges may be purchased. Please contact Tyler Kubicek to purchase an Exhibit Hall only pass at firstname.lastname@example.org. Pick up your badge at the attendee registration desk. Attendance to lectures/workshops are not available with this registration category.
Q. I am employed by an AzDA member dentist. Does that automatically make me a Dental Team Dental Team Member?
No. Dental Hygienists, Dental Assistants, Dental Laboratory Technicians and Dental Front Office Staff can apply for AzDA Dental Team Membership. For more information and an application, visit the online application or call the AzDA Membership Department at (480) 344-5777.
Q. What is the convention dress code?
Business casual is suggested and layers are IMPORTANT. Some classrooms may be cold, some warm, some just right - it's best to arrive prepared. Most of all, wear comfortable shoes.
Q. Can my spouse register for the conference as 'a spouse' if I am the dentist and they are the office manager?
Anyone planning on attending any CE course must be registered as Office Staff. No one registered as a Spouse will be allowed into any classrooms. The only registration category available to spouse/family is the one day Exhibit Hall pass.
Q. What if one of my office staff has left the office, and I want to replace their registration with someone else?
You may do this only through March 25 online or by calling AzDA at 480-344-5777. If registration materials have been mailed to you, you will need to make these changes onsite at the attendee registration desk. No changes will be made to registrations after March 25, 2024. After this date, you can bring the old name badge to the attendee registration counter and get a replacement badge for $10.
Q. I received my badge in the mail but spilled coffee on it. What should I do?
- Call AzDA at (480) 344-5777 no later than March 25, 2024 to request replacement materials and then pick them up on-site at the convention.
- If you do not call the AzDA Office by March 25, 2024 you will need to purchase replacement materials at the convention. There will be a $10.00 per person fee for this service.