How many times a day do patients come in to your operatory telling you about some new product they bought on Amazon or at some health food store? It's hard to keep up with all of them. Do you remember when the dental care aisle in your local pharmacy was actually just a small section of an aisle and only contained a handful of toothbrushes, toothpastes, and maybe some mouthwash? Clearly, times have changed. Now, the dental care is truly an entire aisle (or two) and is filled with a variety of products including toothbrushes, toothpastes, mouthwashes and rinses, and so much more. It's overwhelming for any dental professional...let alone your patients. Let's look at the historical progression of many of these products along with many of the DIY modalities to figure out what is best for our individual patients' needs.
Let's not get caught with our pants down...
In this fun and interactive course, we explore a wide range of dental products. We also take a look at dental marketing - including some vintage television commercials that are sure to ring a bell - and discuss how they have helped shape our philosophies as well as the challenges of getting the right products into the hands of our patients.
Course objectives include:
• Looking at trends in dental marketing and how they shape our decision-making process
• Formulating a homecare protocol
• Evaluating and discussing the science behind many OTC products
• How to determine which toothbrush is best for each patient (manual and electric)
• Comparing and discussing the current rinse products available for in-office and in-home use