This program will be repeated on Friday afternoon at 2:00pm.
This course will teach you the nutritional and lifestyle changes that can make an immediate difference in your patients (and maybe even your own) oral and overall health. Maximally effective periodontal therapy is about much more than just cleaning teeth. Yes, bacteria initiates periodontal disease, but it is the host inflammatory response that adversely affects oral and overall health. The latest research confirms that nutrition and other host modulation therapies can have significant anti-inflammatory benefits. More importantly, learn the changes that you can make in your treatment protocols to help your patients modulate their host response.
• Fully understand the inflammatory link between oral and overall health.
• Learn a priority patient approach aimed at identifying patients with an elevated host response.
• Understand the role that nutrition can play in reducing inflammation.
• Develop a dietary plan that minimizes inflammation - what you and your patients should be eating!
• Develop a plan for communicating about lifestyle changes with your patients.